Meet the Millennial Mozart – Stephen Limbaugh

Stephen Limbaughby Alyssa Ramos

As I was routinely scrolling by Facebook the other night like an Online addicted drone, I came across a publish that shockingly captured my consideration for much more than 5 seconds — a paused video of a pal, Stephen Limbaugh (yes, he’s related to Rush Limbaugh) taking part in the piano in what appeared to be neon colored board shorts and a wife beater. Becoming remarkably aware of not just his musical talent but also largely of his I-Don’t-Give-A-F*ck-and-I’ll-Inform-You-About-It demeanor (we’ve gotten into heated “conversations” at bars in advance of) made me intrigued to click play.

Low and behold, there was Stephen, taking part in what was titled “Schubert – Impromptu, Op. 90 No.three” which I have zero thought what that usually means, but it was damn very good. Like my brain nearly had an aneurism attempting to determine how to spend interest to how excellent it was whilst trying not to laugh at the truth that he was playing such a sophisticated piece in pool dress in. I was so impressed that I looked up other pieces of do the job he’s carried out, and as expected, was not let down. In no way have I witnessed a classical musician with the millennial twist that he has, which is why I decided that I had to interview him. I need to warn you that if you aren’t an intellectual individual, the following interview will not be of curiosity.

Stephen LimbaughA: You’re obviously a normal born pianist, what are your aspirations for your music career?
S: To Generate the absolute very best music probable and complete it in front of eager audiences across the globe.  With that in thoughts, I would like to meet specific benchmarks for myself: I plan on currently being the most viewed/subscribed pianist on Youtube.  I want to record and release Tons of Chopin, Schubert, and Rachmaninoff.  I want to create a handful of piano concertos and get them debuted in Disney Hall with the LA Philharmonic.  Also, I’d like to be the “go-to man” for pop artists to compose/record their piano ballads.  And, a classical Grammy would be quite awesome also.
A: You’re also fairly humorous, I’ve in no way observed such a talented pianist complete in this kind of crazy pants! What is your common outlook on existence?
S: Thank you!  Humor is significant simply because the classical genre needs a “reboot” to appeal to new audiences.  The classical globe wants personalities that can transmit the message from the fantastic composers, BUT also demands performers who are continuing to create new performs.  The pants, I mean hell, you wanna know the reality?  When I’m wearing them I get twice the volume of attention… so that’s why I put on them.  I am my brand in that respect.  People reply to personalities.  Franz Liszt begun it, and that personality bravura has passed down by Paderewski, Liberace, Elton John, etc.  I’m element of that tradition, though even now pretty different than each and every of people legends.
Stephen LimbaughA: We met at a philosophy night…do you have any individual philosophies on music, or daily life in basic?
S: I miss philosophy night!  But, if I keep in mind properly, we essentially met at that previous spot Tru a week or so ahead of meeting yet again at philosophy night.  I consider you had just moved to LA.  haha…  Regardless!  I’m fascinated by Thomistic and Aristotelian metaphysics, and subscribe to their views on that branch.  I feel music (and all artwork) reveals truths about all creation, staying, and so on that are not able to be explained with religion or science.  It is why all people are drawn to it Past mere biological aesthetic predispositions.  I’m in frequent search for the “in involving shit” …like what reality lies concerning religion and science.  What message in a Beethoven sonata is not written on the web page – what’s in in between the notes.  What’s written concerning the lines in a Shakespeare sonnet.  I want to expertise these inner universals existing in artwork that can’t be explained by anything at all, only expressed through artwork.  And those universals unquestionably f*ckin’ exist.  Otherwise the tangible universe would be unsightly and/or meaningless… a bleak, formless, wasteland.
Stephen LimbaughA: I know your uncle is Rush Limbaugh, and I also know you can get pretty political haha does any of that come from him, and would you ever want a profession like his?
S:It comes from my entire family!  Nearly anyone is a lawyer, which usually means politics are the most frequent topic to arise.  Rush’s dad and grandfather (Rush Sr., my terrific grandfather) had been attorneys, his brother a lawyer, my dad is a retired state supreme court justice not too long ago appointed to the federal bench in the 8th circuit.  My grandfather is a retired federal judge who went back into personal practice.  Even my younger brother is now Cape Girardeau County Prosecutor.  When we are all with each other for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and so forth, it sounds like an argument is raging, but we’re all agreeing.  When I was young, I most likely received started off down the conservative path simply just by proximity.  But, I inundate myself with the news.  It’s my hobby definitely!  A pastime I’m very, really passionate about.  Would I want a job like his?  In a whole lot of means it is like his – I have to cultivate a broad audience and make the content material as interesting and pleasurable as attainable.
A: What do you like accomplishing in your free time?
S: In LA, sometimes it feels like I just go to birthdays… at some factors in the yr it’s nonstop.  I read through a great deal of periodicals.  I yell at Democrats on Facebook, which is astoundingly cathartic.  I go to church on Sundays, do a Bible examine on Mondays, and have lots cocktails with buddies Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  I love fireball shots… like a total bro.  I swear, that shit is the new Jager.
There you have it, from the musical, comical mastermind himself! Form of makes you want to go find out how to perform an instrument or read through a book huh? Test out a lot more of his do the job at StephenLimbaugh.com, you won’t be disappointed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Most Famous Paintings of all Time

2 Weeks in Bali, Indonesia: An Itinerary with Culture, Adventures, and More!

The Terrific American BBQ